The Value of Video Marketing
The value of incorporating video into your overall marketing strategy cannot be understated. No matter the platform, video outperforms every other advertising medium by a longshot. The answer to why video marketing is so effective can be summarized in one word – psychology. Televised messages have become commonplace. We tend to look for those connections that might exist between ourselves and the person we see on the screen. This level of emotional engagement isn’t as easily or quickly found with other mediums. A good video marketing strategy will help you tap into the audience’s emotions and establish that sense of trust and credibility.
Why Advisors Need Video Marketing
Video marketing is becoming increasingly more prevalent for advisors. According to a study by Wibbitz, those working in the financial industry are leveraging video marketing more than those in any other industry but manufacturing. So, have you jumped on the bandwagon yet?
If a picture is worth a thousand words, then a video is worth far more. According to a report from Forrester Research, one video is worth about 1.8 million words. This doesn’t mean the articles and emails you draft aren’t important parts of the overall process. However, a short video message is a more effective way to capture attention. This is especially true for those who love faster-paced, “time-is-money” lifestyles, like the 65% of senior executives (a.k.a. high-end clients) who stated they visited a website related to a video they had watched (Impact).
Delivering Your Video Message
Not only is video a powerful tool by itself, it adds value to most other digital marketing tools you have at your disposal. Your emails, social media engagement, and website can all benefit by being utilized as delivery methods for your video. Look at the insights below to determine how to best connect your audience with your message.
- Including the word “video” into the subject line of an email has been shown to result in a 7% increase in open rates.
- Adding videos to your email can increase click rates by 300%.
- Social media posts with video have 48% more views.
- The average engagement rate for Facebook video posts is 6.01%.
- 71% of consumers find Facebook video ads relevant or highly relevant.
- 51% of video marketers use LinkedIn, with 84% saying it has been successful.
- Videos attract 300% more traffic and nurture leads.
- Video on a landing page can boost conversion rates by up to 80%.
- Video can increase organic traffic from search engines by 157%.
As we move farther into the age of streaming media, advisors who utilize video can expect increased engagement, interaction, and conversion rates. And, with that, more business.